Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The latest and greatest project (and there always is one, mind you)

I tend to have inclinations towards projects that require me to test my powers of discipline (challenging since discipline and I are not friends) or use Excel (because I have an unhealthy obsession with creating spreadsheets). I recently wrapped up my Project 365 which proved that yes I can force myself to take a picture every day for a year. Granted mine turned into a 366. Curse you, leap year, curse you! But the point is I pulled it off.

So then I realized that I wanted to do the same thing again, except this time with writing. Every day for a year I want to write something. Whether it be another chapter in my novel, another short story to be sent out to the literary magazine automatic rejection pool, another scene that may or may never have a whole story attached to it, another script that will sit on my hard drive for all eternity, or a blog entry where I just talk about my thoughts of the day, I wanted to write every single day for a whole year.

So I created this blog, and along with my website, I plan on doing just that. Mostly I'll post observations and musings for the day. Occasionally I'll post short stories or ideas and see what people think. When it's all said and done, I hope to look back at my year's worth of writings and then laugh in discipline's face. Silly, discipline.

No comments: