Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Playing "hard" on Rock Band is really hard.

I have a slight obsession with playing the drums on Rock Band. It's fulfilled all of my young girl dreams of becoming a rock star. No really. I've been in the habit of playing Rock Band with my brother once a week, and he's always on guitar and I'm always on drums. He always plays Expert. He's like a god of Rock Band. Anyway, the point is, today after playing "Today" by Smashing Pumpkins, I found it to be a little too easy on the Medium setting, so I went with Hard instead. I died. My brother saved me twice so I actually completed the song, but I realized that the problem is the kick pedal. How do you get your foot to move that fast?!

Right now I'm in the middle of trying to rewrite the last chapter I wrote of East Water. I'm enjoying this new re-write of it, but I hit a snag this last chapter. I hate when that happens. I need to get it ironed out tonight so Maika can do a read through of it before I send it to the critique group for their opinion. It's almost 4 a.m. so I'm not sure I'm going to pull that off.

What I will pull off, however, is my critique of the current story being read in my group. I realized the other day how incredibly lucky I am to be able to read these stories as they're being developed. There's something amazing about the creative process, and getting to watch it in action has got to be one of the coolest things ever. The stories in our group so far are so unique, so I'm having so much fun reading them. Speaking of which, I need to go work on this stuff now, so until next week!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Drums rock! Good luck on getting your story ironed out. I hope it surprises you in a good way.